Cape Town, South Africa
ICRI 2016 features a vibrant exhibition area, allowing conference delegates to share information and network with each other. It hosts multiple booths where Research Infrastructures, organisations, initiatives, and other major international stakeholders will present their achievements in an interactive and challenging way: videos, demos, live links and more. A special focus on SMMEs and innovation will be promoted, as the role of smaller, research-intensive companies in the broad R&D environment, gains prominence.
It will also bring an important link to private sector research infrastructure, and provide an opportunity to showcase innovation.
The main objectives are:
- to offer the opportunity to conference participants to learn about the achievements of specific Research Infrastructures, and about European and international initiatives; and to spot trends and new ideas as exemplified by Research Infrastructure showcases,
- to provide exhibitors with a live demonstration area that will help pitch achievements to journalists, funders, and other interested parties,
- to allow for an additional networking area,
- to motivate Research Infrastructures to create effective communication material, and generally, enhance their communication activities,
- to enable interactions between the public and private sectors for the development of Research Infrastructures.